Sunday, August 11, 2013

French Fries Craze!

I love french fries, and so do my kids....I mean, who doesn't??

During the past couple of months, I have been looking for recipes for homemade, healthier options for fries to serve to my family.
Here are three of my favorite recipes.
(These are all gluten-free recipes, and I have also included dairy-free/vegan options for each recipe.)


Baked French Fries
(I only made slight changes to the original recipe.)

Ingredients:

3 large baking potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
salt to taste (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Cut potato into thin wedges and place in large mixing bowl. Coat potatoes with oil and spices. 



Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes in preheated oven until golden brown.



Enjoy! 



Herbed Potato Wedges
(Again, I didn't make many changes to the original recipe.)

2 potatoes
2 tsp of olive oil
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese (Omit this for a dairy-free/vegan option.)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut potato into thin wedges and place in large mixing bowl. Coat potatoes with oil and spices.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes in preheated oven until golden brown.



Sweet Potato Fries

A good friend of mine passed this recipe along to me. I made the fries without the dip and loved it! You can also add some spices like salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper if you wish.

Since I didn't make any changes to the original recipe, you can check out the recipe here.



No comments:

Post a Comment