Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day Trip To Toys "R" Us

It was time to get a new bicycle for my oldest daughter. She was outgrowing her bicycle and my youngest daughter would then take over the "old" bicycle.

We decided to head over to Toys "R" Us.
I noticed that all of the bicycles in the size we were looking for ranged from $70 - $80.
I was excited when I saw a bicycle for only $49.99! Plus, my daughter's favorite color is purple, so I thought this was perfect!




When I took the slip to the cash register, I was told that the one on display was the only one left. I wasn't sure what to make of that, until he said that I would receive a 30% off discount since it was the one on display. He assured me that he would check the bicycle to make sure that none of the parts are missing, etc.

Plus, I had a 15% off coupon, which I had gotten off their website and printed out before our trip. After all the discounts, the cost of the bicycle came out to $29.74 + tax. Not bad compared to $49.99, or even the other bicycles for $70 - $80.

In that same trip, I also picked out a princess costume for my youngest daughter, whose birthday is coming up (she has been wanting one for months). Actually, I let my daughter pick out the costume and fortunately, the one she picked out came with an accessory set of a tiara, a pair of earrings, and a purse.




This particular set was $19.99, but I noticed that one of the gems was missing. I asked the cashier about this, who said that this was the only one left. I asked for a discount and he said they normally give a 15% off discount, but he gave me a 30% off discount, for some reason.

Again, I had a 15% off coupon! After all the discounts, I paid $11.89 + tax for the princess costume set.

Additional savings = Happy mom!
The cashier, who was an assistant manager told me that there were 2 coupons circulating. One was 15% off of one item, and the other was 15% off the entire purchase. Fortunately, I had the latter!
So, if you're taking a trip to Toys "R" Us (or anywhere for that matter), check their website for any coupons, and always ask for discounts if you see a reason for one!




No comments:

Post a Comment