Sunday, April 27, 2014

D.I.Y. Lego Favor Bags

I posted about throwing a Lego-themed birthday party for my son and daughter here.

At the end of the party, we gave each guest a Lego favor bag (based on this). Each bag consisted of lego mini-figure crayons and a mini lego coloring book.



Here is how I assembled each bag:

First, we made lego mini-figure crayons.
We purchased the mold from www.amazon.com. The kids helped peel and break the crayons, and we melted the crayons in the oven, letting them cool until ready. (Detailed instructions here.)


Next, I made mini lego coloring books, using the template from here.
I added the words "Lego coloring book" to the cover and stapled the pages together rather than sewing them together (much easier!).


I used the same template that was used for the party invitations to seal the bags, erased all the words and lego figure, and typed in "Thank you for coming!" instead.
I printed this out onto white cardstock,


I assembled the crayons and the coloring books into the clear plastic bags that I bought from Jo-Ann fabric and crafts store.


To seal the bags, I folded each cardstock in half horizontally and stapled it to each clear plastic.


Super fun to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment