Sunday, September 29, 2013

Name Banners

A couple of years ago, I made a wall banner for a friend's baby shower, using scrap paper, glue, computer print-outs for the letters, yarn, and a fuzzy elephant.


I had so much fun with it, I decided to make a name banner for each of my kids.
I used scrapbook paper, butterfly cut-outs, adhesive glitter letters, glue, yarn/rope and tissue paper (for the paper flowers), all of which I purchased at Michaels.

Here is a banner for a girl:


First, trace a circle onto a piece of scrapbook paper (I prefer the double-sided ones as they are thicker and more durable.). Do this for each letter of the child's name.




Next choose a color from the packet of butterfly cutouts that you want to use. Glue one butterfly cut-out on top of each circle.



Then stick the letters of the child's name onto each butterfly cut-out.



Using a one-hole puncher, punch two holes near the top of each circle and weave the yarn/rope through the holes.


For the pink paper flowers, I watched this youtube video to make them. I made two paper flowers, one for each end of the banner.



For a boy, you can use star cut-outs instead of butterfly cut-outs (also at Michaels) and forego the paper flowers.



1 comment:

  1. What a fortunate friend to have had such a beautiful banner at her baby shower!

    ReplyDelete